Thursday, March 16, 2006

Not Ready to Share myself with the World

I really have nothing I want to say in this blog. I just have to say something. Lately, I've had so much feelings and stress and these thoughts just keep swimming around in my head, driving me a little crazy. It's like I can't stop thinking. It sucks. Maybe it's school, maybe it's things outside of school, not being able to get to church very often(or pretty much never), or just a combination of all these things. I feel like I'm being sucked into a vast emptiness. This is just way too depressing....I want to be like in high school. In high school, I had no problem always find the silver lining, but in college, it's like getting sober after a hard night of drinking. Life was just waiting to pounce on me and slap me in the face. I can now look back and realize just how much my parents and anyone older than me made sense when they said that the real world starts to happen in college. They were right. Maybe it would be easier if I wasn't so ambitious. Then, I could settle for something beneath me and be happy. I wouldn't be filled with self-doubts about my goals, my talents, my opportunities. I'm really trying to find that place of solitude and regain some of my old faith in myself, but it is just so hard right now. I think that's my problem. I'm losing faith in myself on all accounts. In every aspect of my life. This makes self-worth go right out the window and well down hill from there. What am I supposed to do about this? The question is simple enough with a simple enough answer. For one thing, I'm not relying nearly enough on God's support. Another thing, I have got to get my head back in the game. I need to be focused and remember where my heart is. I also have to find out who I am. Someone told me once that until you know all the unique properties about yourself, what makes you tick, only then are you really ready to share yourself. Maybe I'm just not ready to share myself with the world. I'm an unfinished project, God's design, trying to smooth out the rough edges that have been holding me back. I have got to fix these edges, or they will take me places where I should not want or need to go.
P.S.
For those of you who read this, try to refrain from giving me superficiality. I don't think I need encouragement. I really think I need a slap in the face. So, if you are ready to hit me, bring it on.

4 comments:

Cole said...

I'm the luckiest guy in the world. Period.

Unknown said...

Sam,

I'm available for talk if you need it. I hate to tell you this, but college is the best time of your life. Don't miss that crucial fact of life.

Part of what makes college different from HS is that you have to rediscover yourself and find where you fit in a new place.

The good news: you fit here incredibly well. The bad news: there is no bad news.

Let me know if you'd like to chat. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I have lived a little bit of life and learned some things.

Sam said...

Thanks Dr.Copeland.I appreciate the sentiment....I might take you up on that. Ha ha, now you're trapped.

Vandy said...

... I know Im a little late on a commment but I used to be able to give you a good reality check... but it sounds like your having enough reality for now...